Toothy is a boss that can appear in the Caves or Catacombs. He appears as a huge, round bat with two wide horns, a large mouth with a set of short, sharp teeth, and a long, wet, pink tongue.
Toothy will fly around the room eradically, occasionally stopping. He is more likely to move if he is taking hits.
- If the player is below him, he will shoot a Brimstone laser in front of him. Provides very little reaction time, but is telegraphed by Toothy breathing in.
- Shoots a burst of shots at the player, like Monstro but with more range. Telegraphed by Toothy closing his eyes tightly and inflating his cheeks.
- If the player is close to him, he will flail his long tongue around in a circle.
- Flies to another part of the room with a burst of speed, sometimes close to Isaac.
- Flies upward off the screen quickly, and then slams on the ground where Isaac was standing at the time, firing blood shots in all 8 directions.
- At 66% and 33% health, he will screech, summoning several Onetooths around the room.
When defeated, he will fall to the ground and explode violently. He drops an item from the boss pool.
Champion Versions Edit
- Red: He will not fire Brimstone lasers or spit blood, but is much quicker and uses his speed bursts more often.
- Green: Instead of firing volleys of blood, he spits 4 green bomb shots at Isaac which leave green creep. Spawns Gurgles instead of Onetooths.
- Toothy is loosely based off of Pipistrillo from Castle Crashers, whose name means "bat" in Italian.
- The horns on Toothy's head is a subtle reference to the Bat Winged Demons in Dark Souls.